Monday, December 18, 2006

Coming back home

Coming back home.......
Dedicated to my sister who is lovingly called, Su.

Thought I would be welcomed with garland at the door,
Thought I would be cheered with a smile at your chore,
Withered leaves would be painted green,
Colours, Celebrations, will mark the scene.
Rushing and craving my Mother would come,
Eyes full of tears, cheeks wet and numb,
Gloomy face borne with the tense of departure
Would bloom like a moon, sparkling with pleasure,
Lips full of kisses, still shivering with joy,
Would hold me, embrace and would breathe unto my ears,
" I wouldn't talk with you...."
As I presumed it a little earlier, say,
No matters whether it happens or nay,
Its the solitude which governs this bay,
Off the lands, thousand miles away.
Nancy....

No comments: